Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"You know, Dick, when life gives you lemon, just shut up and eat the damn lemons!" Harry Solomon [3rd Rock from the Sun]

Haha - that quote above is from an episode that I watched today :) It made me literally laugh out loud.

On with the posting and such!

Day 4
A picture of your night.





It's rather convenient that I actually had quite an entertaining night tonight. So, my friend Kelsey Johansen and I have very similar lives. In fact,we are pretty much the same person (which is ironic, because the other person with whom I happen to share this syndrome is also named Kelsey). We also TA the afternoon section of beginning makeup together on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4-6. Since it ends so late we usually end up doing something together involving food and an activity afterwards. Today I suggested that we go to the grocery, make some foods ad then watch a movie while we color in our lovely, favorite coloring books. We excitedly anticipated this even of glory during our makeup class. However, as we were cleaning up a girl came into the makeup room and started eating a salad she just bought from Zupas (for my non-Utah friends it's a soup/salad/sandwich place) and our plans changed. 
We HAD to go to Zupas!
So we did. And while we were there we decided we’d catch a dollar movie since it’s in the same shopping center. Since I hadn’t seen Tangled yet (A TRAVESTY I know....) we decided to go to that. To our lovely surprise it was in 3D! And basically - it was amazing. A.MAZ.ING. It better come out on video soon so that I can buy it. Seriously.
So, as we were walking out of the theater we saw this really cool poster for The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader. As I passed it (on my way to the ladies room)  I said, “Kelsey! That movie was so great! I really want to see it now....in fact - we should go! Right now!” to which she replied, “I’m game if you are. DOUBLE FEATURE!”
I love her. In fact - we discussed today how crazy it would be if we got called to the same mission and served as companions together. Crazy, right?!

Anyway. Back on topic.
So I said “Really?!”
“Yeah! I’ll check for the time while you’re in the bathroom”
There was one in 30 minutes. After a rather surprising run in with her brother, we bought tickets, braved the pouring rain and went to the Coldstone to get ice cream.
Which is where this picture was taken. Representing all of the parts of this lovely evening! 3D glasses from Tangled, tickets to Narnia, and ice cream. We went to the movie (which made me cry. again) and I just got home and, despite the fact that I'm ridiculously tired, came hope and typed this all up for the like, 3 of you, who actually read this. I know. I'm pretty awesome sometimes.
And to top it all off - it was free waffle bowl Wednesday at Coldstone :) Terrific night if I do say so myself.

2 comments:

Debra Hensley said...

Can't wait to see this picture- sounds like a fantabulous evening! You Go Girl! and yeah for Kelseys!

Hoity-Toity said...

Yay for Kelsey's!
Can I just say, I love that you blurred out your finger
also
if you ask one of us we want ice cream cone, both of us say yes