Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Well, that's it. We go down in history as the guys that ticked off ALL the gods." "If something is worth doing, it's worth doing well." Iolaus & Hercules [Hercules: The Legendary Journeys]

Day 12
 A picture of something you love

Hercules. 

I love Hercules. In all its forms. Ever since I was younger and I watched "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" with my mother I've always had a fascination with this mythological story. If you ask me what my favorite Disney movies is I'll say Hercules. Seriously - if it's been a while since you've seen it GO DO IT NOW. It's brilliantly written, extremely clever, and well, hilarious. My aunt and uncle can attest to my ardent love for the film. Once, while we were going to dinner with my mother, that happened to be the VHS that was playing on the TV in their van (yes, their van plays VHS tapes. They're pretty much legit) and I freaked out. I became the happiest, giddiest, small child version of myself. I could barely contain my excitement I was so happy at the unexpected gift. Not only do I love the Disney version, but I still watch good ol' Mr. Sorbo, and do, in fact, own most of the seasons on DVD. It's my go-to thing to watch whenever I'm sick or feeling down.

In fact, I think now would be a brilliant time to watch some Hercules. I am cleaning my bathroom after all. That's as good of an excuse as any :)

No comments: