Monday, March 28, 2011

"Ever since we met/I only shoot up with your perfume/it's the only thing/that makes me feel as good as you do" Panic! At the Disco [Nearly Witches {Ever Since we Met}]

Day 16
A picture of someone who inspires you


Her name is Sadako Sasaki. Do you remember reading the story A Thousand Cranes in elementary school? I do. Vaguely. To refresh your memory, tells the true story of Sadak Sasaki, a 1 year only girl who was diagnosed with 'radiation sickness' [leukemia] 10 years after the bombing of Hiroshima. I was privelaged enough to play Sadako in BYU Young Company's touring production of this show laster winter. Wow, even as I write this I can't believe it's been an entire year since that show. YOu can backtrack through my blog or talk to me about the whole experience if you want. What I really want to talk about is Sadako. She is simply inspiring. Every year in Hiroshima thousands and thousands of people visit her memorial and place paper cranes around it. Her monument has become a symbol of piece and was dedicated to all of the children who died because of the bombing. After portraying her for almost 3 months, I really have felt an extremely closeness to this girl. Her life was short, but her story is inspiring. I hope that one day, I'll be able to thank her for the blessing her life and story were in my life.

"This is our cry, this is our prayer: Peace in the world." 


No comments: