Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"Now, father, you're living in the past. This is the 14th century!" Prince Philip [Sleeping Beauty]

The instant I heard this song I fell in love. It has more of a ballad feel to it then any of the other songs I've posted so far. It's also from one of the albums that I love to listen to when I need to calm down, or when I'm in a bad mood and need to be cheered up. This song in particular fills me with a sense of hope. Someday I will find someone who feels this way about me, and I feel the same about them. That I am just the luckiest person alive to have someone as amazing as they are in my life. Something else I really love about this song is that it's from the point of view of an average guy. Not some awesome, larger than life superstar who had this amazingly beautiful love experience, but a normal guy, who fell in love with a normal girl, and is happier than he every thought he could be.

The video below is from a concert that Ben Folds did in Australia with the West Australian Symphony Orchestra and it's beauty makes me want to weep. I hope you fall in love with this song just as much as I did when I first heard it. And, if you have heard it before, listen to this version with the orchestra. It'll blow your mind.

#8 The Luckiest
Ben Folds



I don't get many things right the first time
In fact, I am told that a lot
Now I know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls
Brought me here

And where was I before the day
That I first saw your lovely face?
Now I see it everyday
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

What if I'd been born fifty years before you
In a house on a street where you lived?
Maybe I'd be outside as you passed on your bike
Would I know?

And in a white sea of eyes
I see one pair that I recognize
And I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest

I love you more than I have ever found a way to say to you

Next door there's an old man who lived to his nineties
And one day passed away in his sleep
And his wife; she stayed for a couple of days
And passed away

I'm sorry, I know that's a strange way to tell you that I know we belong
That I know

That I am
I am
I am
The luckiest 




No comments: