Sunday, June 5, 2011

"You know, for a crazy homeless person - he's pretty cut." Darcy [Thor]

I always seem to forget to keep up with these challenges daily. SO here's a catch-up post of the 30 day song challenge!

Day 03: A Song that Makes You Happy

The first time I heard this song I was watching the music video, and my heart literally lept for joy. I then proceeded to share it with all of my roommates and we all became a little happier than we were before. Then, we all decided to do a little research and realized that the two were really engaged! How fantastic! (as an update - they're married now! Adorable.) Even if you've heard the song before - just watch the video. I mean, come on. How could it NOT make you happy???

Haven't Met You Yet by Michael Bublé



Day 04: A Song that Makes You Sad

I love French music. I Always have. And the French have a wonderful talent for making sad, tragic things beautiful. That's what this song does. I discovered it when I was about 17 and every time I hear it makes my heart cry with sadness at it's message and it's beauty. It's actually a song about suicide, which I find interesting. I'd also just like to say that if you ever feel like you've reached the end, and want to give up reaching out - don't. There are 6+ billion people on the planet, someone is there for you. Believe it. Hopefully you can enjoy the beauty of this song just like I do :)

C'était l'hiver by Francis Cabrel


She said,"I've already walked too far, my heart is already too heavy with secrets, too heavy with sorrow." She said,"I won't go on, I've already seen what awaits me, it's more pain."
She said living was cruel, she no longer believed in the sun, or the silence of churches. Even my smiles frighten her - It was winter in the depths of her heart. (x2)
The wind had never been colder, the rain more violent, than on that night, the night of her 20's, the night she extinguished the fire behind the facade of her eyes in a white flash.
She has surely joined the sky, she shines beside the sun, like new churches
And since that night I cry; it's what makes it cold in the depths of my heart.


Day 05: A Song that Reminds You of Someone

So, my freshman year I lived in the dorms and had a kick-awesome RA. We spent lots of time together, and bonded over many things. One of the main things we bonded over was music. Another thing we like to do was what we called "shower parties". Now, that may sound suspicious but it just means that we would plan to shower at the same time, go into the communal bathroom and bring our iPods and speakers and play music while we showered (in our respecrive showers, of course). Now, when I came back from Christmas vacation I had just a bought a CD. That CD was Jesse McCartney: Departure. We discovered this next track and blasted it during many a shower party, and when we went home for the summer we would call each other anytime it came on the radio. 24-7; 3, 6, 5 .To this day, everytime I hear it I think of my dear Kelsey Moss!
 How Do You Sleep by Jesse McCartney



2 comments:

Leigh This Way said...

I love micheal buble's voice and music but his personality can get in the way of me enjoying it sometimes. I've seen him on a few interviews and he is so cocky, self-centered and lewed that it's awful. I will say that I'm glad that the girl in the video was his fiance and now wife but I just have a hard time supporting his music (even though he does sound awesome) because I can't stand him as a person.

Shannon Hensley said...

I can definitely see that...I feel that was about a lot of actors, actually. But, regardless, that song just brings a smile to my face! It's a shame though that he doesn't take care of his voice (he smokes like, a pack a day) and one day he won't be able to perform anymore. So I'm gonna try and enjoy what I can :) haha