Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"Also, I can kill you with my brian" - River Tam [Firefly]

Well - it has officially begun. My summer. I'm in the good old town of Burley, Idaho visiting Brooke and don't have any school worries. Which is amazing. And strange. I keep thinking that there must be something that needs to be done  - some paper to write, some play to read, some project to finish up - but there isn't. I'm scot free. Woohoo!

Basically, I don't know what to do with myself. Interesting.

Brooke, unfortunately, however works all day today, tomorrow, and Friday so I'm left here to fend for myself while she's gone. She said that maybe one day if it isn't that busy I could come back with her after lunch break and she can show me around and whatnot - but today was not that day. Which is fine. At least this time I have the internet. Last time I was here they didn't have wireless or anything so I didn't have much to do while she was gone. It's so sad that so much of my life depends on a computer and the internet, and when I don't have those I don't know what to do with myself. Well, I guess that's not entirely true cause when I'm at home I have a car and friends and a pool and stuff to keep me busy. But when I'm out here in this precious little town, the internet seems to be my only connection to the world.

I don't mean to sound like a brat. Maybe I don't, but sometimes when I talk about technology and stuff in realtions to other places it could come off that way. It's just not a life I'm used to. And sometimes, I wish it was the way I lived - perfectly content to sit in the quiet, read a book, take a nap, work out, whatnot. But it's just not what I'm used to. Not that I don't like to do those things, I do. It's just...well...

oh boy. I'm just digging a hole. Oh well.

Tonight Brooke and I are going to Institute. That should be exciting. I've only ever been to institute once, and that was in Wales and apparently nobody really showed up so we just played broom hockey and called it a night. This should be an interesting experience. It'll be nice to try something new :)

Speaking of trying something new, from now on the title of my blog posts are going to be quotes from movies and tv, since I watch so much of it. They'll probably try to be related to what the post is about, but not always. Like today's. It's just one that I like that keeps popping into my brain. Thanks to Joss Whedon :D

No comments: